Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Thistles in Bangor


If you are in the Bangor area, and even if you aren't, I'd make a trip to Thistles Restaurant. Tucked into Bangor's financial district at 175 Exchange Street, Thistles makes an excellent stop for both business and pleasure.

My husband and I stopped in for lunch while we were waiting for the infamous pop up to be readied for the season. I might as well be honest, I lovingly refer to the pop up as my "lake house". I will have to post about it sometime. I digress...

I loved Thistles. With it's funky modern interior, I was welcomed by the smell of amazing food. I knew that the Latin-inspired cuisine was going to be a new and exciting experience for me. I feasted on Argentinian Beef Empanadas with the suggested Malbec
Kaiken, Lujan de Cuyo
. The grouping was so lovely, so alive with flavor! The chimichurro sauce absolutely burst in my mouth, perfectly complimenting the modestly seasoned ground beef and pastry.

My husband enjoyed the Argentinian seasoned steak, also with the Malbec. Although a more conservative selection on the menu, it was no less fantastic. Expertly cooked medium rare and seasoned just enough to add that special Thistles touch that chef/owner Santiago Rave has so exquisitely mastered.

www.thistlesrestaurant.com


No comments:

Post a Comment